First of all Samsung has managed to sell 50,000 Z1 Tizen-based smartphones in India in a span of just 10 days. Today, Intel Security has announced its partnership with Samsung and confirmed that to bring its McAfee Mobile Security software pre-installed in the next upcoming Samsung Tizen smartphones, including the new Samsung Z1. With the very low price of 5,700 INR (around $92/€82). You can now purchase Z1 Tizen smartphone in India.
McAfee Mobile Security has last year updated its Android apps and iOS as well, by making its premium features available for free. Features like app privacy, anti-theft are in particular. It also enables consumers to run instant privacy and security scans either, along by allowing users to easily remove the unwanted apps that may sport the most significant risk factors.
Sean Duca, Chief Technology Officer Asia Pacific, McAfee, part of Intel Security in collaboration with Samsung said,
With mobile malware samples up, we firmly believe that security should be seamlessly integrated into telecommunications. By including our software on new operating systems like Tizen, security is developed in parallel with the ever-expanding technology landscape.
McAfee Mobile Security for Tizen Features
- Protect the smartphone against web threats by blocking access to phishing sites and browser exploits
- Get real-time protection from viruses and spyware
- Protect the smartphone from threats in apps, files, emails, SMS, MMS, SD cards
- Receive a note to remove malware upon detection
- Quarantine infected files
- Control your real-time and scheduled updates
And for Android and iOS
- Multi-User App Profiles-Restrict access
- Lock apps with sensitive content to protect your privacy
- Scans apps and reports about apps that may expose your data without your explicit consent including exposure posed by embedded or mobile ad libraries
- Call Blocker and SMS Filter
- Silently takes a snapshot of the person holding your lost device and emails the photo to you along with the device location.
- Device Lock
- Remotely Wipe Data
- Backup and Restore Data
- Locate and Track
- Remotely manage your mobile security from one central
- Scans for malicious code from files, SD card, apps and Internet downloads
- Protection against web threats
- Wi-Fi Security – Alerts you of unsecured Wi-Fi connections