A new upgraded version of Nokia 8 flagship smartphone with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage space will hit the Finland store shelves this Thursday, October 19. Before that launch date, HMD Global has made Nokia 8 available for purchase in India, which can be obtained from offline stores starting today.
Unfortunately, the variant of Nokia 8 will be the same announced back in August. Specifications include a 5.3-inch Quad HD display, an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile platform, comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat, which is said to be updated to version 8.0 of Android Oreo by the end of this year. There’s a dual rear camera with 13MP RGB + 13MP Monochrome sensor, ZEISS optics and OIS tech.
Interestingly, the Nokia 8 has a Dual-Sight tech that uses both front and back cameras simultaneously, fusing both images together into one photo or video file. Other than that, the same mobile phone has organic full aluminum unibody designed, machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum component, polished into a premium mirror finish.
Nokia 8 Specifications In Brief
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP autofocus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- Splashproof (IP54)
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Nokia 8 is offered in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper, and is priced at Rs. 36,999. It will go on sale from retail outlets across the country, and Chroma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, BigC and more will be offering it on their offline stores.
Note: The Nokia 8 smartphone hits the Amazon.in Mobile online stores from October 14th.
Nokia 8 Launch offers:
- Jio customers get up to 100GB (10GB for 10 recharges) additional 4G data with recharge of Rs. 309 or above, till August 31, 2018.
- Access to Nokia Mobile Care services from the convenience of their home in 50 cities across the country
Commenting on the rollout, Ajay Mehta, Vice President India, HMD Global, said:
Our consumers are always exploring new ways to create and share content. It’s these creative content creators who inspired us to craft a smartphone with them in mind. That’s why we’ve worked to bring three world firsts – the debut collaboration with ZEISS, OZO spatial 360° Audio, and real-time live streaming using Dual-Sight mode.The Nokia 8 is there much more than a beautiful device, it is an experience like none other
Sunil Dutt, President Devices, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, said:
We are very pleased to welcome Nokia Smartphones in the Indian market. With Jio’s world class data network, Nokia 8 users will be able to unleash the true potential of the device. Jio additional data offer will enable customers to enjoy more data and content. It will also enable superior HD streaming through Bothie.
Next up to check out:
- 2018 iPad Pro Models Could Get iPhone X’s TrueDepth Camera / Face ID Tech
- Apple To Ditch Touch ID And Bring Face ID For All iPhone Models Next Year
- Download iOS 11.0.3 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Device
- Pokemon Go 1.47.1 IPA And 0.77.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- Download iOS 11.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links For Compatible Devices
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]