The OnePlus 5T Star War Limited Edition has officially launched in India at an event in Mumbai. The Last Jedi upon us, OnePlus has announced the launch of a Star Wars-branded OnePlus 5T. Here are the details and everything you need to know about.
Prior to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie, here what we got is the limited edition of OnePlus 5T smartphone which features a white black panel with Star Wars logo on it, a red Alter slider, apart from 10 preloaded wallpapers, and other software customizations. Nevertheless, the OnePlus company has also bundled a rugged case with the 5T Star Wars Limited Edition, one that is modeled on Kylo Ren’s helmet from the movie.
Based on the latest episode of the epic space opera film series is the second film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy and releases on December 15th. Last year, SoftBank unveiled two Sharp phones in Japan with Star Wars theme around the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Interestingly, OnePlus changed its tagline for this launch from ‘Never Settle’ to ‘Strong Enough To Rule The Galaxy’ which aligns just fine with the inter-galactic theme of the movie, and is certainly an accurate dig at the Samsung Galaxy series.
Getting really geeky, OnePlus has explained how the Sandstone White back panel of the 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone is inspired by the white-colored salt plains of the mineral planet Crait. Featured in the movie actually. In this case, OnePlus hasn’t really altered the design language we’ve accompanied with the OnePlus 5T handset, but has introduced subtle changes to commemorate the Star Wars franchise.
Going into detailing, the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition is clad in white like a Stormtrooper with black accents on the lock button and volume rocker. The red of the Alter slider is based on the red-colored mineral mined on the planet. The alter slider stands out with a unique red finish. At the back, there’s the Star Wars logo emblazoned in red, matching that button. It also features Star Wars branding – contains Star Wars stickers, apart from the standard OnePlus ones.
Finally, there’s a customized theme with red accent, black and white colors. And the Star Wars edition’s phone design had inspired by the planet Crait from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Crait is a white mineral planet with red sediment under the surface, which explains the red alter slider.
Note: The Star Wars partnership for the OnePlus 5T Limited Edition is only available in India, along with a few Nordic regions, such as Denmark, Finland, and Sweden, OnePlus said.
Apart from the cosmetic changes in the design, the Star Wars Limited Edition is a OnePlus 5T at heart. Of course, it got the same internals as the top-end model of OnePlus 5T (8GB RAM + 128GB storage). But again, this isn’t a bad thing to purchase, Star Wars or not, the OnePlus 5T is a solid smartphone and has a well-rounded appeal for a broad audience. It can compete with the likes of Apple’s iPhone X and its facial recognition Face ID as well.
OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition Specifications & Cost
- 6.01-inch (2106 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7, Upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 156.1x75x7.3mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
The OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone price in India has been set for at Rs. 38,999, which will be available in an 8 GB RAM and 128GB storage variant. For the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition (6GB RAM + 64GB space), this makes it Rs. 1000 more expensive than its regular edition counterpart.
The availability of the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition will go on sale from Friday, December 15 – the same day when Star Wars: The Last Jedi releases in cinemas via Amazon India and OnePlusStore.in. It can also be bought via OnePlus Experience stores in Bengaluru and Noida, while stocks last.
It is said OnePlus holding pop-up events in 9 cities across India. Users will be able to experience and buy OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition at those pop-up stores across 6 cities on December 16 and 17th – Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Kochi, Mumbai, and Pune. Hyderabad and Kolkata will also have their own stores. Venues will be declared on the company site.
You may also like to check out:
- Lava Red OnePlus 5T Limited Edition Variant Announced
- Fixit It: OnePlus 5T Unable To Stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video In HD
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 Changes, Release Notes, And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11.2.1 Release Notes / Changelog: Here Are All New Changes
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical HomeKit Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]