Before we take care of the newly launched OPPO A57 we have to make a note of the rumored OPPO Find 9, which is said to be launching in March 2017 that too with Qualcomm-powered Snapdragon 835 chipset. However, the Find 9 won’t be getting unveiled in the first quarter of next year, despite an earlier report, but joins the first smartphones to get SD835 SoC backed in, following Xiaomi Mi6 and Samsung Galaxy S8. Here are the details we consider thus far.
- If Not Galaxy S8, Xiaomi Mi6 To Feature Snapdragon 835 SoC As OPPO Find 9, Set For March Release Date
OPPO has announced the company’s latest mid-range smartphone A57 in China with Snapdragon 435 Octa-Core processor. As this comes from Oppo’s A series range, to compete with the likes of OPPO F1s has introduced another variant called OPPO A57 sporting 16-megapixel front-facing selfie camera sensor featuring f/2.0 aperture and 1.2um pixel size.
Rest of OPPO A57’s hardware keys includes a 5.2-inch HD display, a 16MP rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and much more. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow on top of ColorOS 3.0. It packs a fingerprint scanner on the front, and supports 4G VoLTE and fixed with 2900mAh battery that delivers up to 11 hours of continuous video playback, and to 23 hours, 40 minutes of talk time and to 13 hours and 30 minutes of usage.
OPPO A57 Specifications (in brief)
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with ColorOS 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.1×72.9×7.65mm; Weight: 147g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2900mAh battery
Priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 230 / INR 15,840 approx.), the OPPO A57 comes in Gold and Rose Gold colors, should go on sale starting December 12 in China.
You might also like to check out: