Panasonic has introduced two new rugged smartphones called Toughpad FZ-F1 and another Toughpad FZ-N1 running Android and Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise at this year’s Mobile Workd Congress (MWC 2016) event in Barcelona.
Both smartphone versions shares similar hardware specs and enabled with 4.7-inch HD glove, multi-touch, sunlight viewable display, which has 10-point capacitive multi-touch with rain sensing and glove touch mode, optional stylus pen (Active or Passive). Under the hood, the two are powered by 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU. Paired with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, which is further supports 64GB micro-SD card.
The Toughpad FZ-F1 runs on Windows 10 and the FZ-N1 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box. It has dual-SIM functionality and are capable to offers 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 3G HSPA+, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA 1x, EVDO Rev.A. Connectivity options also includes angled 1D/2D barcode reader, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and NFC. With the IP65, IP67 and MIL-STD-810G ratings with drop rating of 6 feet, the Panasonic rugged devices can survive when in up to 3.3 feet of water for 30 minutes.
The new devices has an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP on its front for better selfie shootouts. These packs 3,200 mAh battery, optional 6200 mAh long life battery back; Warm Swap capability.
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) sunlight-viewable display; 10-point capacitive multi-touch with rain sensing and glove touch mode, optional stylus pen (Active or Passive)
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise (FZ-F1) / Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) (FZ-N1)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Durability: IP65 (high-pressure jet spray) and IP67 (submersible up to 3.3ft. for 30 minutes)
- MIL-STD-810G (shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature,temperature shock, humidity)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 4G LTE, HSPA+, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA 1x, EVDO Rev.A
- Angled 1D/2D barcode reader, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS
- FIPS140-2 level-1 compliant, ARM TrustZone (Built-in)
- 3,200 mAh battery, optional 6200 mAh long life battery back; Warm Swap capability
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 WiFi model will be available in March at an estimated cost of $1,499 (roughly INR 102,853) and the voice enabled model will be coming in Summer 2016. The Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise edition, Toughpad FZ-N1 with data and voice calling is expected in the fall, and goes on sale at an estimated $1,599 (Rs. 109,715 approximately).