The first consumer smartphone Project Tango could be launching as early as next month according to reports, Lenovo PHAB2 Pro is all set to go on sale. Developed in collaboration with Google, Lenovo‘s first commercial Project Tango smartphone, aka PHAB2 Pro seamlessly stitches the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, which was originally unveiled at the Tech World keynote event in June. However, at that time, Lenovo hasn’t given any time frame for the official launch, but nevertheless, reports surfacing online suggests the world’s first commercial Project Tango smartphone is likely to be made available for purchase in November. Here are the details.
Confirmed the launch date by Clay Bavor, head of VR at Google. The project has faced a few delays and it was originally expected to go live sometime in summer. An exact date is still a mystery, but this report gives us the specific timeframe, knowing when one will be able to get their hands on the Project Tango smartphones. In June, Lenovo’s PHAB2 Pro was said to be going on sale with a price tag of $499 (roughly Rs. 33,500).
Lenovo PHAB2 Pro specifications
With AR and VR among its key features, the PHAB2 Pro features an rear RGB camera, a motion sensor and a depth sensing camera. The device which we’re gracing on is also capable of creating 3D Mpas of the users’ surroundings in real-time using motion sensing, depth sensing and 3D tracking. And the battery package comes with fast charging capabilities and is also said to deliver up to 15 hours of backup on a single charge. Rest in brief:
- 6.4-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD)
- 16MP camera with PDAF, Depth Sensor for Tango, Motion Tracking Sensor for Tango
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- DOLBY Atmos sound with 5.1 audio capture, Triple Array Microphones with Active Noise-Cancellation
- Dimensions: 88.57 x 179.83 x 6.98-10.7mm; Weight: 259g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging
Should be available in Champagne Gold and Gunmetal Grey colors once pushed out for sale.
You might also like to check out: