Sony has launched Xperia X and the Xperia XA in India, the company’s latest smartphones in new ‘X Series’ range. Officially, both of these smartphone were unveiled at this year’s Mobile World Congress (MWC 2016). Before we go and buy one of the two, should learn more about their specs, price and efficiency.
Features and Specs
The Xperia X smartphone comes with a 5-inch full HD display with a screen resolution of 1080p. Under-the-hood, it is powered by a Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 chipset, fully integrated with a fingerprint snsor on the power button. Camera wise, the Xperia X carries a 23-megapixel rear unit with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus – this let users choose their subject and then predicts its motion.
Rest of its hardware keys
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 ( 4x 1.2GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 69.4 x 142.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 153 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 2630mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
Sony Xperia XA
This is another X series smartphone that comes with a 5-inch HD curved glass edge-to-edge display, but not like Xperia X, the XA holds an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) CPU, 13-megapixel with LED flash cam, Hybrid Auto-Focus and an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
Details in brief
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) curved glass edge-to-edge display
- Octa-core (4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.0 GHz) MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor with 700MHz Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Up to 200GB expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- 13MP Primary Camera with 1/3” IMX258 Exmos RS sensor, 1080p video recording.
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 Exmor R sensor, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm; Weight: 137.4g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2300 mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
Both the Xperia X and Xperia XA smartphones runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box, have dual-SIM function and supports 4G LTE.
Available to purchase in White, Graphite Black, Lime Gold and Rose Gold colors. The Xperia X is priced at Rs. 48,990 (MRP) and the Xperia XA set you back for Rs 20,990 (MRP). You can now get Xperia X Dual, while it’s already been made available to pre-order exclusively on Amazon.in for Rs 46,990 and at all authorized Sony mobile dealers offline. Originally, it will be go on sale starting from June 7.
Note: As part of this pre-booking offer, the Xperia X comes with a free SBH70 Bluetooth stereo headset worth INR 6,990. Also offering is the content of over Rs 2700 with applications, such as:
- Sony LIV: Free 3 months subscription worth Rs. 299
- Hungama Play: Free 3 months subscription worth Rs. 750
- Kindle: Free e-book worth Rs, 1,000
- Gameloft and Modern Combat: Pre-installed Full HD games with free credits worth Rs. 780
The Xperia XA will be available from the third week of next month.
You may also like to check out: