Sony has made an official announcement of two smartphones, Xperia XZ and the Xperia X Compact, the company’s latest 2016 flagships in X series at IFA in Berlin. Here is everything you need to know about them.
Features And Specifications
Sony Xperia XZ
It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor which is a 64-bit 14nm Quad-Core chipset also paired with Adreno 530 GPU for better graphic effects. Featuring a 5.2-inch fullHD 1080p Triluminos display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
On the Software front, the Xperia XZ runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Memory-wise, the new smartphone is coupled with 3GB of RAM, available in two 32GB or 64GB variants with a Dual SIM offering and expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
It is certified with IP65/IP68 water-resistance ratings and also has a dedicated camera shutter button. While it carries a 23-Megapixel rear-facing Exmos RS sensor with 1/2.3″ offering, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilization and supports 4K video recording. On its front, you will find a 13MP selfie camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, and also helps you record 1080p videos.
Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C. A Fingerprint scanner also there with DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling internals. It packs a 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology. It comes in Forest Blue, Mineral Black and Platinum colors. Global release date starts from October 2016 in single and dual SIM variants. No pricing details revealed yet.
Sony Xperia X Compact
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 129 x 65 x 9.5 mm; Weight: 135 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2700 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Xperia X Compact will be available in Mist Blue, Universe Black and White colors. Goes on sale in October alongside Xperia XZ globally.