Lenovo’s PHAB 2 Pro is the world’s first smartphone to include Project Tango, a new technology from Google that enables augmented reality (AR) gaming and utilities. Has been launched today and made it available for purchase in the US. About the PHAB 2 Pro, here is everything you need to know.
This official Project Tango phone, PHAB 2 Pro hits the retail shelves and to speak about its description and other relatively new features, we have to review every single inclusion that this smartphone brings with it. For example, the Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro delivers true augmented reality gaming and over 35+ Tango apps as well.
Consumers of PHAB 2 Pro should consider under-the-hood components like, it is powered by a 1.8 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM, also the phone packs a 64GB of internal storage which is further expandable via microSD card.
It has four cameras that includes a 16-megapixel RGB camera, a depth camera, a motion tracking camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for Tango’s 3D mapping tech to easily understand the world around you. By the way, the PHAB 2 Pro comes in with real world applications such as Lowe’s Home Improvement, Phatogeist, Raise and Woorld etc.
Actually, the Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro contains the hardware and software necessary to use Google’s Tango AR technology, despite only using a rudimentary version of the tech. Likewise, Lenovo and Google are trying to prove that AR can and should become an integral part of modern smartphones. Tango’s technology is much like GPS, which transformed the utility of mobile phones and helped give birth to services like Uber. And it could help reshape entire industries, from gaming to retail to real estate.
To compete with the likes of Microsoft’s $3000 prototype HoloLens headset and Niantic’s free-to-play Pokemon Go, the Tango team wants to create a middle ground for both hardware and software technology, and extremely thinks the Phab 2 Pro is the place to start.
Priced at $500, Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro is a bit cheaper than an iPhone or Google Pixel. Yet with a 6.4-inch display, it can hardly be held with one hand, barely fits in even large-sized pant pockets. By the way the Phab 2 Pro will act as more of a proof of concept than a device designed to sell millions of units. Many of the early Tango aps also make use of gesture control and other real-world movements to avoid forcing users to place their fingers on the touchscreens.
Of the thirty-five or so Tango apps are now available to download and install, is a handful practical business purposes. Few other apps including one from Autodesk and another from Lowe’s, let you place virtual furniture and appliances in the home to help visualize a purchase, without having to pull out a tape measure. Here comes the real 3D mapping that truly transforms how companies do business.
Rest of those includes:
- Measure – To measure anything in your home from your door frame to your desk with
- Visualize how furniture and appliances will look in your home with WayfairView, Lowe’s Vision, Homestyler Interior Design, and iStaging.
- Domino World – To Play dominoes
- Crayola Color Blaster – To Paint and draw on all the surfaces
- Sling projectiles to battle a terrible dragon with Slingshot Island.
- Play with virtual pets with Raise.
- Learn about things that are hard to see with Solar Simulator and Dinosaurs Among Us.
- Build new digital worlds with Woorld and Towers for Tango.
- Race on your own personal race tracks with Hot Wheel’s Track Builder, Wild Wild Race and Car Racing.
- Customize your videos with exciting 3D filters with Spectra.
How to switch to AR mode in PHAB 2 Pro
Once you have jumped into AR mode, the phone PHAB 2 pro allows you to choose from characters like a cat, dog, a dragon etc. Tap on one of those characters, and they will appear on the Camera app. Plus, you can do a number of things with those characters you pick. For instance, Raise allows users to pick a pet from the 3D library and take him wherever they go, while the PHAB 2 Pro is capable of 3D projections and figure out space, that comes equipped with a 4050mAh battery and a fingerprint scanner on top. Lots more there to experience once you go and buy yours.
- 6.4-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB using microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD)
- 16MP camera with PDAF, Depth Sensor for Tango, Motion Tracking Sensor for Tango
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- DOLBY Atmos sound with 5.1 audio capture, Triple Array Microphones with Active Noise-Cancellation
- Dimensions: 88.57 x 179.83 x 6.98-10.7mm; Weight: 259g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging
You might also like to check out:
- Moto M And Lenovo Vibe P2 Launch Expected On November 8
- OTA Update For Lenovo Vibe K5 Note Adds Support To Reliance Jio
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Vs LeEco Le Pro 3 Vs OnePlus 3 Vs Xiaomi Mi5: Price, Specs And Comparison