Vivo has launched V5, the company’s latest smartphone focusing purely on selfie camera vision in the V series in India. First impression the best one, and this is also the first smartphone coming with 20-megapixel camera on its front-facing that too equipped with Sony IMX376/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5P kens to say some. Here’s other details and highlights to know about.
The Vivo V5 with 20MP Selfie camera has ‘Moonlight Glow’, that includes a natural glow on the face that lights up the picture regardless of lightning conditions. Of course, the new V5 is the successor to Vivo V3, and comes with decent upgrades, mainly focusing on camera department.
The company however suggests V5 “the world’s first smartphone” to sport a 20-megapixel front camera sensor paired with selfie flash and the first one from Chinese maker to introduce it in India.
Vivo also says that this phone allows users to take perfect selfies in diverse lightning conditions. It has a metal unibody design, runs on Android Marshmallow on top of Funtouch OS 3.6, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT5750 64-bit processor. With 5.5-inch HD display combined with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, Vivo V5 also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. There are backlit capacitive navigation buttons on the other side of the Home button. Has a Face Beauty Mode for selfies, where you can choose between automatic and custom options. The automatic option corrects photos on its own, and the custom allows user to manually adjust the smiling and buffing levels. Like that, there are several other interesting features to take care.
On the other end, the smartphone by Vivo has a fingerprint scanner to unlock it in just 0.2 seconds and used a custom AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip to experience the best audio quality with signal-to-noise ratio up to 115dB. Rest of the specifications in brief:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, microSD card support up to 128GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 20MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh battery
The Vivo V5 has been launched in two color options – Space Grey, Crown Gold and is priced at Rs. 17,980. It will be available for pre-order from November 16th to 25th and officially goes on sale starting 26 November.
You might also like to check out:
- Top 10 Smart Phones With Best Dual-Rear Camera Setup 
- OnePlus 3T Specs With Snapdragon 821, 16MP Front And Rear Cameras Announced At $439
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro With 5.5-inch Quad HD OLED Display, 6GB RAM, Android 7.0 Announced: Specs, Price, Release Date
- Gionee S9 Official Specs, Price, Release Date And More Announced
- Vivo X9 And X9 Plus With 20MP/8MP Dual Front Cameras Announced: Price, Specs And Release Date