Huawei has announced Honor 5C, the China-based company’s latest smartphone successor to the 2015’s Honor 4C. With 5.2-inch fullHD 1080p IPS display, which provides almost 74-percent screen-to-body ratio. This new smartphone is powered by an Octa-Core Huawei’s Kirin 640 (16nm) chipset, as the whole handset runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 skin on top.
Rest of the Honor 5C specifications include a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and on its front carries an 8-megapixel selfie shooter. It also comes equipped with a fingerprint authentication sensor on the back, will unlock the phone in just 0.5 seconds. With a full metal body design the phone comes with 4G LTE support and intrigued a hybrid Dual SIM card slots that let users place a microSD card on secondary SIM if needed.
Details in brief:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Kirin 650 (Cortex A53 – 4× 2 GHz + 4×1.7 GHz) processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Huawei EMUI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Dimensions: 147.1×73.8×8.3mm; Weight: 156g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Box speakers, Smart PA amplifier, SWS sound
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minium) battery
The Huawei Honor 5C will be available to purchase in Grey, Silver and Gold colors, priced at 899 Yuan ($138 / Rs 9230) for standard model. To grab the dual 4G Honr 5C variant, it will set you back for 999 Yuan (approximately at US$ 138 / INR 10,250). Registrations are open now, you can order it in China, which will go on sale officially on May 5th. Unfortunately, no global launch has been made yet.
You may also like to check out: Best Huawei Smartphones of 2015.