The Chinese manufacturer has launched Xiaomi Mi 4c in China, which is the company’s latest smartphone in Mi 4 series with high-end specs. More details on this hardware can be grabbed right ater this jump.
As promised earlier, Xiaomi has introduced its budget-friendly smartphone, Mi 4c. With 5-inch FHD (1920x1080p) display from Sharp, AUO or LG, it is powered by a Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 chipset and runs on the latest MIUI 7 custom OS based on Android Lollipop. It sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus and houses a 5MP front-facing Selfie shooter with 85-degree wide-angle lens.
It is a dual-SIM phone that supports 4G LTE connectivity options on both the SIM cards. Interestingly, it is integrated with a reversible USB Type-C connector, which Xiaomi be selling a USB-C to micro USB adapter as well. Imressive features include a double tab functionality to wake up the screen and has a new Edge Touch technology that eventually makes use of a new chip offering sensitive and accurate edge gesture recognition.
How it works? Users have to double tab the side of the phone to get back or a single tap to capture a quick selfie. Using the Infreared sensor on-board, users can control their TV, DVR and other home appliances.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS fully laminated 441 PPI display
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with Sony IMX258 or Samsung S5K3M2 ISOCELL sensor, 5P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, two-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording, 120fps slow-motion
- 5MP front-facing camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 138.1×69.6×7.8mm; Weight: 132g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3080mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
Finally, it will be available in two variants, one with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, costs 1299 Yuan ( US$ 204 / Rs. 13,370 approx.). For the Xiaomi Mi 4c with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of built-in storage you will need to pay a price of 1499 Yuan ( US$ 235 / Rs. 15,445 approx.). Both will be available in White, Blue, Yellow and Pink color options.