Xiaomi has launched the Mi 5 flagship smartphone in India, which was officially unveiled at this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month, promised to arrive into the market of India this month. The Xiaomi Mi 5 to hit on April 6, will available exclusively on Mi.com in the first month.
The Xiaomi Mi5 flagship smartphone in India is going on sale through its own portal via April 6th, 11:00 AM (IST), priced at Rs. 24,999 ($378). It’s the cost for the 3GB RAM + 32GB of internal storage.
It features a 5.15-inch 1080p display, quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor from Qualcomm paired with Adreno 530 GPU and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 skin on top, out of the box. On the camera front, it carries a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Phase Detection Auto-Focus (PDAF), 4-axis OIS and the front-facing has a 4MP shooter. The new Xiaomi’s Mi5 smartphone comes with support for dual-SIM, 4G LTE (VoLTE) and most interestingly, with a 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quaick Charge 3.0 capabilities is 20 percent faster than its predecessor.
To remind you about this, two other Xiaomi Mi 5 variants had been introduced in China – the “Prime” edition with 3 gigs RAM and 64GB storage, and the other is the Xiaomi Mi5 Pro, featuring 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB of built-in space.
It measures 144.5×69.2×7.25mm and weighs 129 grams and comes in Black, White and Gold colors . For more details that you really want to know about are below.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The model that has been iterated in India will be available via Xiaomi’s e-commerce site a few weeks later, and with the purchase of Xiaomi Mi5 in India through it, the company is also offering a Mi protect that costs Rs. 499.
You may also like to check out: