Xiaomi has made official of the Mi 5S Plus variant alongside the announcement of Mi 5S smartphone at an event in China. Here are the details you need to know.
The latest smartphone flagship Mi 5S Plus features a 5.7-inch full HD (1920x1080p) 2.5D curved glass display from Sharp technologies, is powered by the sane Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 chipset but clocked faster 2.35GHz instead of 2.12GHz found on Mi 5S. It also has a bigger 3,800mAh battery, and a different metallic body design and contains no plastic antenna lines and the conventional fingerprint reader is on the back portion. There you get a 13-megapixel dual-lens camera system, similar to what you can experience from the Huawei’s implementation of its Leica-enhanced P9 and P9 Plus. The Mi 5S Plus uses a combination of an RGB sensor and a BW sensor – both Sony IMX258 – to produce more detailed and cleaner images, though, each of them can also be used independently as well, particularly if you really want to dabble with artistic black and white options. As mentioned already, has dual image processor for providing the captured image using two sensors for the best quality shots.
A little about the Mi 5S Plus’s dual camera system, has dual-tone LED flash, phase detection autofocus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus, capable to record videos in 4K resolution, and this too has a 4-megapixel front camera with a pixel size of 2 microns topped for selfies.
On the software front, the Mi 5S Plus runs on MIUI 8 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes USB Type-C port, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, measures 7.95mm thick and only embedded with a standard fingerprint sensor on the back. Rest of specs in short and brief:
Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 550 nits brightness, 94% NTSC color gamut, 1300 : 1 contrast ratio
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF, 4K video recording, 120fps slomo at 720p
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 154.6x 77.7x 7.95 mm; Weight: 168 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh (typ) / 3700mAh (min) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus will be available for pre-order on the same day as the Mi 5S with the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version going for 2,999 yuan (almost $345) and the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model costs 2599 Yuan (about $390). It comes in Gold, Dark Grey, Silver and Rose Gold colors respectively.
Also like to check out:
- Xiaomi Mi 5S With 5.15-Inch 1080P Display, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 SoC Announced
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Vs LeEco Le Pro 3 Vs OnePlus 3 Vs Xiaomi Mi5: Price, Specs And Camparison