Xiaomi has scheduled an event on September 27 in China and started sending out invites for the launch event, which doesn’t reveal anything about the star of the keynote, but the letter ‘S’ apparently suggests that the Mi 5S will be the highlight on the day to see the sunlight.
No wonder, the teaser image hints at the rumored Mi 5S smartphone with 5.7-inch Quad HD screen is upcoming. This same phone has been the subject of several leaks and rumors thus far, with the latest one revealing that it will feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC, and underneath the glass sports an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
Other specifications also adds some juice to the speculations, as it was said that the Mi 5S to be paired with 6GB or 4GB of LPDDR 4 RAM and internal storage starts from 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. On the software front, the phone will come running MIUI 8 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on board. The battery package of 3490mAh is also admitted to come with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 capabilities.
The camera department on the other end on the Mi 5S, users will have a 16-megapixel rear-facing with 4K video recording support etc. Rest of the features in short can be check out right below:
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 650 nits brightness
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3490mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi‘s Mi 5S launch event will be held at China National Convention Center, Beijing on 27th of September 2016.