Xiaomi has made Mi Note 2 official at although scheduled event in Beijing, China. As rumored the newly launched Mi Note 2 has dual-edge curved screen, has series 7 aluminum frame and lot more to be shared. Here are the details.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Specifications
However, the Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2 only carries a single-camera sensor, rather speculated to get two-cameras. Has two-sided curved 5.7-inch OLED flexible display with 3D curved glass, which is bendable and not face any ‘bendgate’ issues. With 72% of screen-to-body ratio and NTFC can reach 110% color gamut. The Mi Note 2, at its ‘Curved to Impress’ event shows up the use of both front and back 3D curved-glass, which also gives the Mi Note 2 a dual-edge curved display like Galaxy S7 Edge.
Under-the-hood, Mi Note 2 is powered Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 Performance Edition SoC clocked at 2.35GHz Quad-Core processor, paired with 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB on internal storage, and 4070mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, alongside NFC functionality. It bears a 22.56-megapixel rear camera.
The Mi Note 2 features a dual-edge full HD (1080p) flexible OLED display covered with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, which Xiaomi has added sunlight display pro mode for ligibility under direct sunlight and reading mode to ensure it doen’t cause strain on your eyes. With a contrast ratio of 100,000:1, it is powered by 2.35GHz processor. Camera on its back, you will find a 22.56MP rear sensor with Sony IMX318 Emor R with electronic image stabilization (EIS), phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and LED flash. For selfies, there’s an 8-megapixel front facing camera with AF functionality, Sony IMX268 Exmor RS sensor, and an f/2.0 aperture, Auto Beautify 3.0, which also comes with added group selfie optimization feature addition to take multiple shots and lets you choose the best.
Connectivity options include USB Type-C, dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE with VoLTE support, Bluetooth, NFC with support for Mi Pay, Wi-Fi 802.11ac and SAP GPS for precision and accuracy. In terms of LTE band, the smartphone Mi Note 2 supports six types and 37 bands for global roaming. Also gets 4G+ support, which can reach a maximum speeds of up to 600Mbps.
Don’t forget about the Mi Note 2’s ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the front, which uses Qualcomm’s Sense UI to precisely read your fingerprints. How it did worked in the Mi 5s. The smartphone also support 24-bit Hi-Fi sound (192kHz) with HD lossless audio, called the Aqstic audio processor.
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) OLED 3D dual curved glass display, 110% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 22.56MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, EIS, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 76-degree field of view
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 24-bit 192kHz / 24-bit lossless audio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 77.3 x 7.6 mm; Weight: 166 grams
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4070mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Mi Note 2 with 4GB RAM and 64GB is priced at 2799 (Rs 28,000 approx.). For the 6GB RAM and 128GB ( Rs 33,000), it costs 3299 yuan, and the Gold edition 6GB plus 256GB RAM goes up to 3499 yuan (almost Rs 35,000). It comes Piano Black and Glacier Silver colors and is available for pre-order in China, goes on sale starting November 1st.