Xiaomi has left no secret now as it is planning o announce the Mi Note 2 on October 25. Confirmed earlier is the dual-edge curved display and today as well made it official that Xiaomi Mi Note 2 features Galaxy S7 Edge like dual-edge curved screens, two camera sensors like Honor 8 and many more. Here are some of the unconfirmed and active details you need to know.
After a fairly numerous leaks and rumors, we already have gt an clear idea on what Xiaomi’s phablet is expected from the past. Features for Mi Note 2 has been confirmed by none other than Xiaomi itself.
It’s ‘Curved to impress’, Mi Note 2 has two-sided dual curves and be one of the best details on Mi Note 2 on October 25, that is what the Mi India has shared through its Twitter account, which is all the confirmation you need that the upcoming Note 2 will flaunt Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge-like curved display.
“Curved to impress – Wanna be first to know about our #MiNote2 launch on Oct. 25? Join our FB event now.” The image attached with the tweet also confirms that the launch event will take place at 11:30AM IST, and has a tagline – “Curved to impress. Mi Note 2. Two-sided dual curves.”
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) October 21, 2016
Currently, there is no word on how Xiaomi planning to make use of the extra real-estate on both the sides. While Samsung used that space for app shortcuts, and quick notifications.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Specifications
Based on the fact that we have come across thus far, the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is expected to flaunt a 5.7-inch display with Quad HD (2560×1440) pixels resolution screen, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor, will be available in two variants, one with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and the other 6GB RAM. To go on sale in three storage options – 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
Picture tells you what actually and how Mi Note 2 look like. Besides the curved display, another touching point is that the Xiaomi’s second-generation Mi Note is expected to be getting a dual-camera system at the back that includes a pair of 16MP sensors with Sony IMX based and optical image stabilization (OIS) support. Like what you might find the same with Mi 5s Plus. Xiaomi is again likely to bring Qualcomm’s ClearSight technology that let users capture crisp photos with less noise, even in low-light conditions.
For selfies, the same device, Mi Note 2 could come integrated with a 16-megapixel front-facing camera sensor. Rumors sometime gives us the original lookout and also suggest that the Mi Note 2 will boost a massive battery of 4000mAh package with Quick Charge 3.0 support, a fingerprint scanner. Details are scarce at the moment but when it comes to the placement of the scanner, also suggests a physical Home button up front, others hints at a Qualcomm Sense ID ultrasonic fingerprint sensor placed below the front glass.
On the connectivity front, the Mi Note 2 expects to be coming with a dual SIM option, supports 4G with VoLTE HD voice calling, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, NFC and GPS. Software it runs on MIUI 8-based on top of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass pressure-sensitive display, 100% NTSC color gamut
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory, 6GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens, 4K video recording, 12MP secondary camera with Sony IMX378 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4100mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) battery
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is said to be priced at RMB 5,699, which is Rs. 56,453 approximately if it launches in India, making it a top-end device to compete with the likes of Apple’s iPhone 7 and Google’s new era of Pixel smartphones range. And by means Xiaomi making Mi Note 2 essentially most expensive device in its current portfolio. Nevertheless, it is expected to be the price of the high-end Mi Note 2 variant, and the pricing for the base model starts from $449 (Rs. 33,400 approx.).
Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2 launch date set for Tuesday (on Oct 25), begins at 11:30AM IST, and we will provide more information about its unveil in real-time. Stay tuned!
Might also like to check out:
- Leaked Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Confirms Decent Price, High End Specs And More
- Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Goes Live On Sale In India: Specs, Price And More
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S+ With Fingerprint Sensor, 4G VoLTE Launched For Rs.9499
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus With 5.7-Inch FHD 1080p Display, Dual-Lens 13MP Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM Announced