Xiaomi has just announced Mi5 mobile, its the Chinese company’s 2016 Mi flagship smartphone at an event in China. A big competitor has arrived with powerful hardware keys, which could become a huge rival amongst the newly unveiled flagships of LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy S7. Trending now!
The Xiaomi Mi5 is finally here and the exterior is very much inspiired by the Mi Note, and popular among Xiaomi fans. In India, the company has although scheduled an open event to launch Redmi Note 3 on March 3.
Now that we’re speaking about the new comer, the Mi5 smartphone, features a 5.15-inch IPS display with a 1080p screen resolution that comes with ultra-light 16-LED backlighting, and has no side bezels for an exquisite look. The curvbed glass display technology equipped with Sunlight Display, has also been upgraded as well promising contrast adjustment on a per-pixel level.
It is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor and the Mi5 runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, integrated with fingerprint sensor and present below the screen there is a physical home button. It simply has garnerd with 3D glass body with strong glass on the back, and the design is 7.25mm thick and only weighs at 129 grams.
The Xiaomi‘s new Mi phone is allegedly fast on a whole different level and is backed up by 3GB or 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. One of the 1.8GHz varaint of Xiaomi Mi5 has a 32GB of internal storage and the 2.15GHz model has 64GB of on-board storage. Instead of using eMMC, the Xiaomi Mi 5 stored with up to 128GB of UFS 2.0 memory, also promises significant increase of 80% and more over eMMC 5.0 and it packs a 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, undoubtedly, will offer talk time of up to 2.5 hours with just 5 minutes of charge.
Connectivity options on the Xiaomi Mi5, you have to first thank the 3X carrier agggregation, there’s a built-in 4G+ or LTE-Advance, capable of theoretical Cat.12 LTE speeds of up to 600Mbps. VoLTE is also included, and NFC is also playing a smarter role with card virtualization write mode. It has USB Type-C port, offers WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS.
Imaging module on the Xiaomi Mi5, there’s a 16-megapixel rear Sony IMX298 sensor with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording support and a 4MP UltraPixel front-facing camera with 2um pixel-size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens.
Specifications In Brief:
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera wiht 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g; Ceramic: 139g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Available in Black, White and Gold colors and finally the Xiomi Mi5 price, which may cost you around 199 Yuan (US$ 306 / INR 20.969 approx.) for the 3GB+32GB standard variant.
The high-end 1.8GHz Mi5 64GB ROM model, it goes up to 2299 Yuan ($351 / RS. 24,092 approx.). For 2699 Yuan ($413 / INR 28,312 approx.), you can purchase the Xiaomi Mi5 Pro ceramic black edition with 4GB RAM+128GB internal storage powered with 2.15GHz SD820 chipset. All these will go on sale starting March 1st in China.
You may also like to check out: