Xiaomi has officially announced the latest smartphone in Redmi series in China. Called Redmi 3, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor and it has been introduced with a 5.5-inch HD 720 pixels display. It is the new smartphone that comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot supports up to 128GB and the more extreme is that it has a 4100mAh battery package.
In terms of camera, the new Xiaomi Redmi device sports a 13MP rear sensor with LED flash, Phase dectection autofocus (PDAF),and a 5MP front-facing camera. It has a full magneseum alloy unibody design and measuring 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm and weighing in at 144g. The most interesting technology used inside the Redmi 3 battery is taht of a 5V/2A fast charging tech. On the software front, it runs on Android Lollipop based MIUI 7 out of the box.
The back of the Redmi 3 phone gets 4166 stars arranged in a diamond pattern that is visible when the light hits at an angle. It supports 4G LTE connectivity options and offers Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS.
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
It will be avaiable in Dark Grey, Silver, Gold and Classic Gold colors. The Redmi 3 will go on sale in China starting tomorrow on Mi.com and Tmall. Priced at RMB 699 (around $105 at current exchange rates). It’s unclear if the phone will ever be available outside of China.