Xiaomi has already introduced non-professional version of Redmi 3 earlier this year and today took the wraps off the Redmi 3 Pro in China. Officially made Redmi 3 Pro available only in its home country, China, will go on sale starting April 6th. The only difference between the actual Redmi 3 and the Pro variant would be that the former features a fingerprint sensor and adds 3GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in storage. Rest of the hardware features will be the same as standard variant.
Other details including a 5-inch HD screen, Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 processor, the Redmi 3 Pro runs MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop. Camera front it carries a 13-megapixel with LED flash has phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) sensor, resulting in quick focus of just 0.1 seconds and holds a 5-megapixel selfie shooter.
Most interestingly the new Redmi 3 Pro brings with it a full metal megnesium alloy unibody design and packs a massive 4100mAh battery on-board. The hybrid SIM slot allows users to place yet another micro-SD card on its nano SIM slot if required more than enough space.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro Specifications:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
No details about the global availability of Redmi 3 Pro has been made yet, but it will come in Gray, Silver and Gold color options in China. Priced at 899 yuan (US$ 138 / Rs. 9190 approx.)
Also like to check out: