Xiaomi is all ready to announce Redmi 4, the successor to the Redmi 3 smartphone which was launched back in January this year. The all new Redmi 4 is said to be a metal packed hardware with a fingerprint sensor on the back. If that’s the case, then the new teaser image also points at the similarities of Redmi 4 gets a bit of Redmi 3S Prime. Here are other details to check out.
The upcoming Redmi 4 has although received China’s TENAA certification recently that also revealed its design and specifications as well. Now that the teaser shows a curved glass display along with a metal frame.
This coming Friday would be the launch date time line for the announcement of the Xiaomi Redmi 4, which also witnessed to show off the handset’s top left corner, seen from the front. You could just barely make out of the earpiece, while the 2.5D curved glass on top of the screen is very standard. The metal construction of the Redmi 4 smartphone is also given considering what can be seen in the image.
Previous reports also outed something about its sibling the Redmi 4A, which is also an anticipated device to be introduced alongside Redmi 4. On November 4th, Xiaomi will unwrap all the curtains of the official Redmi 4/4A device. However, the launch event will be streamed live as how it did with the launch of Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and Mi MIX last month.
Tipped a full metal body with capacitive button at the front, and power and volume buttons on its right. Sports a 5-inch FHD 1080p touchscreen, a 13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash, a 5MP selfie snapper, a Qualcomm chipset with an octa-core CPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, Touch ID and packs a 4100mAh battery. With that said, it will also be made available for purchase in Gray, Silver and Gold variants.
Price wise, this set to be a bit expensive compared to its predecessor, the Redmi 4 allegedly retailing for CNY 1,300 – which means $192 or €173 at the current exchange rates. For the Redmi 4A, rumored to sport a 2GB of RAM, 5-inch HD LCD panel, 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 chipset, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and bears a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front-facing snapper. The battery is a bit smaller size than its brother version, which is said to come equipped with 3030mAh power bank.
Rumored hardware Keys In Brief:
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 141.3×69.6×8.9; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical) with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone will be launched at 7pm CST (4:30pm IST) on November 4.
You might also like to check out:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX With Bezel-Less Display, 6GB RAM Announced: Specs, Price And Release Date
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Launched Officially: Specs, Price, Release Date And More [Updated]