Just yesterday we have tipped you that a 32GB Moto X (2014) will be available to purchase from Flipkart exclusively and followed by that news, Motorola has announced that its has started rolling out the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the 2nd-gen Moto X in India. With full material design language, the Lollipop update brings with it all new screen interactions, quick notifications on the lock screen and as the OS usually almost stock with added new features from Motorola.
- Material Design – You will quickly notice a whole new colorful look and feel to your device – from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colors and widgets.
- Notifications UI & Priorities
- New Interruptions & Downtime Settings: You can tailor how interruptions behave, choosing to allow all, none, or only priority interruptions. You can personalize what counts as a priority interruption (reminders, events, calls, messages) and even tailor them to be from only contacts you specify. The Downtime setting will allow only priority interruptions during the times and days that you specify. e.g. allow only priority interruptions on the weekend.
- Recent Apps (Multi-tasking): The redesigned Overview space (formerly called Recents) will include both applications and separate activities within those applications. For instance, each open tab in Chrome will also appear here along with recent applications; both your Gmail Inbox and a draft email message will appear as separate cards. This provides a consistent way to switch amongst tasks.
- Moto Display and Ambient Display: While your phone’s display is off, Moto Display will continue to surface relevant notifications to you using the low-power Contextual Computing Processor. It will also intelligently react when you use the Approach gesture under Moto Actions.
- Moto Assist and Downtime: Moto Assist integrates the new Downtime feature within Android Lollipop to control when you don’t want to be disturbed. Moto Assist also now uses the new Interruptions settings so that you can customize exceptions, such as letting only people on your starred contacts list get through.
- Flashlight: Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick settings (swipe down with two fingers from the status bar to see it).
- Share your Device: You can now set up multiple user accounts on your phone. Guest mode is enabled by default. You can give calling and text privileges to other users of your device, or restrict them as you like in the Users menu under Settings.
- Pin a view/app: Screen pinning allows you to keep a specific app or screen in view. For example, you can ‘pin’ a game and your child will not be able to navigate anywhere else on your phone.
- Battery: The Battery settings panel now shows an estimated projection for how much time you have left while discharging or charging. You can also enable a new battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend your battery life.
- Smarter Internet Connections: With Android Lollipop, your phone will not connect to a Wi-Fi access point unless there is a verified Internet connection.
- Performance: Your phone now uses the new Android Runtime to help optimize application performance. After upgrading to Lollipop, your applications will undergo a one-time optimization process.
- Smart Lock (Trusted Devices): Android Lollipop adds native support for allowing trusted devices to keep your phone unlocked (such as your Moto 360, a Bluetooth car kit or headset, etc.). Smart Lock replaces the prior trusted device capability in your Motorola phone.
You will be getting an over the air (OTA) notification on your new Moto X (2nd Gen). Manually, you can also go to the Settings > About Phone > System Updates and select Download. Motorola has confirmed that it has already started rolled out Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Now.
How to upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop on Moto X (2nd Gen)
1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2. Select “About phone”
3. Select “System updates”
4. Select “Download”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install”
5. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically
Motorola India clarifies that it will be rolling out Lollipop update for other devices in the Indian market as well, soon. As the company is committed to offering its users a pure, bloatware-free and seamless Android experience.