Analyst speculates that Apple will launch three new iPhone models this year – including an iPhone X successor, a larger Plus model, and a cheaper version with a similar design to the X but this time with an LCD screen instead of OLED. He also believes color might be the solution, thinks of three new colors for the cheaper model.
Rosenblatt analyst Jun Zhang said Apple, in an attempt to target the younger consumer market, could launch multiple colors for the iPhone 8S (LCD model), including blue, yellow, and pink, during the second half of this year […]
“Since Apple start to launch three new models every year, we believe the company needs to differentiate the designs of the LCD model from the two high end OLED models,” he comments. “One reasonable choice would be to add different colors.”
The idea seems to be pure speculation on Zhang’s part, rather than based on any supply chain info, nevertheless, it’s not a completely off-report. Apple did take this approach with the iPhone 5c, although it didn’t appear to have been a successful tactic in the case of that particular model.
Looking forward, Zhang believes Apple might move from a dual-camera setup to an extent of triple-camera one in 2019. This echoes a report from last month, with his writing that Apple may also incorporate a 3D sensor into the rear. This too repeats a claim made in an earlier report, suggesting that the sensor would allow for improved Augmented Reality (AR) performance.
Up next to check out:
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links And OTA Update [Testers Only]
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK For Android, iOS App Download Release Is Imminent
- iOS 11.4 Beta 5 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue