In fact, that was the case every time when Apple release a public version of iOS, it will definitely stop the previous version of it. Not just that, this is also significant from jailbreak perspective given that iOS 11.2.6 was the last firmware whose SEP was compatible with the jailbreak-friendly iOS 11.1.2 firmware.
Recently, it was also said that the jailbreak community team has discovered a link that can indeed be used for jailbreaking iOS 11.3 running iPhone and iPad devices. We already warned you about this multiple times. For those of you who are not aware, who have updated to iOS 11.3 can no longer downgrade to iOS 11.2.6.
You can no longer upgrade or downgrade to iOS 11.2.6 for jailbreak purposes using FutureRestore even if you meet all the requirements for FutureRestore. Apart from that, it;’s worth noting, iOS 11.3 is a semi-major upgrade bringing in a lot of new features for iDevice users. Not only does it bring in the ability to disable CPU throttling on older iPhones with degraded batteries, but also features Business Chat for iMessage, new Animoji characters for iPhone X, HomeKit and HealthKit improvements, among other things.
With the release of iOS 11.3 to the public, Apple is also testing iOS 11.4, first beta of which was seeded to both developers and public beta testers just this past week.
As for the state of jailbreak, we already have known that iOS 11.1.2 was the last firmware version which got a stable public jailbreak in the form of Electra. Even iOS 11.3 is said to be compatible, as we heard a few vulnerabilities being discovered here and there, but there’s no further development or evidence on whether or not they will ultimately be compiled and released as public jailbreaks.
Now, the iOS 11.3 bug to talk about, which steady flow of users claim seemingly drains device batteries at a faster pace than usual, while others complain of graphical glitches including an “invisible keyboard” bug affecting both iPad and iPhone.
Reports of less severe problems continue to pour in, ranging from Bluetooth connectivity woes to streaming and UI issues with Apple Music. Bugs, other than that also spotted AirPods dropouts, inconsistent gesture control, incorrect app badge notifications, inaccessible special characters and more.
Alternatively, the problems may not be as dire as implied and are simply being amplified by social media tag-alongs, in which case fixes can be built into the next major iOS release, should be iOS 11.4?
More to check out in Tech:
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.1 English USA Version Patch Notes, Release Date Revealed
- Fortnite 3.4.2 iOS Update With Patch Notes Released
- iOS 11.4 Beta 1 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Fortnite 3.4.4 PS4 Patch Size, Notes And More: Here’s What All You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.1 APK Download For Android, iOS Update With MiraMar Desert Map Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.3 On Your Device [Tutorial]
- iOS 11.3 Final Release Notes, Features, Changelog All In One Place Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]