Apple has stopped signing iOS 10.2 firmware finally, just after releasing iOS 10.2.1 a week ago. The yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak is out already, Apple took the decision to block the restore points now. Here’s what jailbreak users need to know.
It was last week when Luca Todesco dropped yalu102 to jailbreak iOS 10.2 on all 64-bit devices except the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. But with Apple now no longer signing iOS 10.2, those who haven’t upgraded or downgraded to iOS 10.2 yet won’t be able to do so now the easier way using iTunes. But there’s still a better way, if you have saved SHSH2 blobs of iOS 10.2 or already downgraded to that version.
For those who didn’t save your SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 in time when the firmware was still signed, then you are definitely out of luck now as Apple no longer signing the firmware, meaning not only can you not downgrade to the said firmware using iTunes anymore, but yoy can also no longer save SHSH2 blobs for it.
Got no idea on when the next jailbreak come in. Luca Todesco has already stated that he will be done with public jailbreak once he has dropped his iOS 10.2 jailbreak. It will more interesting to see if the changes in his mind, or if another team like the China-based Pangu or Taig will step in once again.
As always, be in touch with techgiri.com/zone/jailbreak/ updates on jailbreaks and Cydia tweaks, as we get any updated info we’ll let you know. Stay tuned.
You might also like to check out:
- Yalu102 iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Now Works On iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 10.2 With Yalu102 [Tutorial]
- Pokemon Go 1.25.0 And 0.55.0 Update For iOS And Android Rolling Out Now
- Top 10 Cydia Repos / Sources For iOS 10 – 10.2 [List]
- iOS 10 / 10.2 / 10.1.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia [List]
- After iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Update To iOS 10-Optimized Cydia, Here’s How