What the heck now, almost every Android phone maker is looking forward to implementing the iPhone X’s display notch on their upcoming smartphones, and recently Google has officially started embracing it with Android 9 developer preview release. But a new report today claims that Apple will be ditching the same notch in 2019 iPhone, removing it completely from its next year lineup. Here are the details you need to know.
The Cupertino-based company is getting ready to release a device with a full screen? A screen that will completely fill the front of new iPhones, according to the report.
The Display Notch available on current iPhone X phones houses all the sensors and camera technology needed to make Face ID work correctly. But the report does not go into any confirmed explanation as to how Apple will get around this problem moving forward.
The report does suggest that Apple is working with multiple different suppliers with a view to getting notch-less iPhones into the market by the end of next year.
“Apple decided to get rid of notch design starting from 2019 models and is having discussions with relevant companies.” said an industry representative. “It seems that Apple is planning to implement full-screen that is more complete in its new iPhones.”
In that case, we can expect Apple going beyond a technology that will be more advanced than the Face ID and a display notch. While there is no information as to where the Face ID technology will go. But the report does speculate that there is a potential for Apple to drill holes in the device’s display, making room through which sensors would be able to see the outside world.
Suppliers are interested in how Apple will be able to place receiver, front-camera, and Face ID feature and implement full-screen at the same time. Some display industries think that Apple will either drill holes into OLED panels or use BM (Black Matrix) area within displays.
Alternatively, Samsung has already got a patent for such an approach, although it is still unknown whether this is anything like what Apple is said to have up its sleeve. No idea!
The publisher has received a mixed history since then, and of this report has with regard to getting claims of this nature absolute. We are going to hold on for a little while before we put any weight on this one.
We don’t expect Apple has taken a decision to completely ditch the Display Notch form factor in favor of a full-screen model. There might be changes and other technical aspects bundled into the 2019 iPhone. Stay tuned for more updates!
You may also like to check out:
- Download Android P Developer Preview 1 ROM For Pixel 2, XL With Support For Notch And Other New Features
- How To Remove iPhone X Notch From Home And Lock Screen
- Lucky Patcher APK Download 2018 For Android With No Root Or Root Privileges Available Now
- Want TuTuApp VIP Free Download On iOS 11? Here’s How You Can Get It
- Download MovieBox++ iOS 11 IPA On iPhone, iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- Best Cydia Repos / Sources For iOS 11 Jailbreak Electra [2018 Edition]
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Cydia Compatibility List For Electra
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch The Easy Way
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra or LiberiOS [Updated]