According to a BusinessKorea report today spotted by the blog Patently Apple suggests that Apple is expected to load its next LCD iPhone with the similar technology used in LG G7 ThinQ smartphone. Reason detailed as “the MLCD+ display realizes a bright screen with less power consumption than the IPS LCD display.”
According to the smartphone industry on May 9, Apple is expected to load its next 6.1-inch iPhone model with an MLCD+ display which LG used in its G7 ThinQ smartphone. The MLCD+ display realizes a bright screen with less power consumption than the IPS LCD display.
While the traditional LCD screens have three sub-pixels, forming a red blue, and green stripe, MLCD+ screens have a fourth while sub-pixel for increased brightness, yet with lower power consumption than an iPS LCD panel. Whereas the LG’s G7 has a peak brightness of 1,000 nits, for example, compared to between 625nits and 804nits on the iPhone X.
Like the OLED display on the iPhone X, MLCD+ screens can also display 100% of the wide DCI-P3 color gamut for improved color accuracy. The panel in the G7 is capable of 10bit color depth, so if Apple used this technology, then the 6.1-inch iPhone could be more-compliant with some HDR standards.
Rumors although surrounding the internet web claiming the 6.1-inch iPhone will essentially be lower-priced iPhone X, achieved through some cost-cutting design compromises, including the lack of an OLED display. Based on this new report, however, it sounds like the upcoming device could still have a better display than the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
It also said the 6.1-inch iPhone will have an aluminum frame rather than stainless steel, a single lens rear camera, and may also lack 3D Touch. The former KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who also predicted the device will be unveiled later this year with a starting price of between $700 and $800 in the United States. Stay tuned for more.
You can now playback YouTube HDR video content on iPhone X.
Up next to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 With CydiaOnboard : Video Demo Proof Posted Online By Security Researcher
- Houdini iOS 11.4 / 11.3 Semi-Jailbreak Teased In New Video
- How To Fix Black Dot Unicode Bug Crashing iMessage
- Android P DP2 Beta 2 OTA Download For Pixel, Oppo, Vivo, Mi Mix 2S, OnePlus Released Via Beta Program
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK, iOS Download Of English Version Release Is Forthcoming
- Download: iOS 11.4 Beta 4 IPSW & OTA, tvOS 11.4, watchOS 4.3.1, macOS 10.13.5 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue