It’s now official. ASUS has introduced the upgraded version of already unveiled ZenFone 3 Deluxe, as it has now becoming the first phone to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC, includes a 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Here are the details on the rest of its hardware key features, price and availability dates.
ASUS rolls out its latest smartphones after the ComputerX announcement, but it turns out the company has saved a little surprise for all globally. At the Taiwan and Hong Kong launch event today, ASUS revealed that its flagship 5.7-inch ZenFone 3 Deluxe has been refreshed. It’s also the world’s first device to feature this 2.4GHz processor, while still benefiting from the same Cat 13 LTE radio, a slightly faster Adreno 530 GPU, dual SIM (Micro+Nano SIM slots) and Quick Charge 3.0.
Other Specifications includes:
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass4 protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 / 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 3.0
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture 85-degree wide-viewing angle
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 77.4 x 4.2 ~ 7.5 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- Dual Five-magnet speakers, NXP smart amplifier, Hi-Res Audio (HRA)
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and BoostMaster Fast Charging
The metallic ZenFone 3 Deluxe comes in three flavors, with its high-end model offering pretty much all the best possible specs to date: 6GB of DDR4 RAM, 256GB of UFS 2.0 and also expandable up to 128GB more via microSD card using the second SIM slot. If looking for this variant, it would set you back at NT$24,990 or about US$780.
For the left two remaining variants which are still based on the 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820, and you get either 4GB RAM with 32GB storage (NT$15,990 or about US$500) or 6GB RAM with 64GB storage (NT$17,990 or about US$560).
Worth mentioning that these are certified for Google’s Daydream VR platform. The ZenFone 3 Deluxe will go on sale in Taiwan and Hong Kong in early August, and no details surfaced regarding the Snapdragon 821 version arrival.
You may also like to check out: