ASUS is all set to release the ZenFone Zoom smartphone in India as soon as this month of January 2016 only. In a press statement, the Taiwan-based company said it will introduce its “most advanced camera-focused handset” in January, and also presented some key features of it, such as 3x optical zoom, a 13-megapixel camera with laser autofocus, a 10-element lens with OIS technology. Under the heart speifications include a quad-core processor, and a 4GB of RAM. More details can be found right after this jump.
The successor to last year’s Asus ZenFone Zoom is said to be arriving with a thickness of just 11.95mm and the new comer is also said to become the “world’s thinnest 3X optical smartphone offering up to 12X zoom-in effect.” While it packs a 5MP front-facing camera for better selfies and when speaking about the rear camera’s features, it has a 13MP sensor with f/2.7 to f/4.8 aperture, has got 10-element lenses with 3X optical zoom, Optical Stabilization (OIS), laser Auto Focus and dual-color Real Tone flash.
Much like other ZenFone 2 series of Asus smartphones, this latest ZenFone Zoom has a memory of 4GB and obviously is powered by a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 CPU. It also includes a 64GB of internal storage and expandable up to 128GB via microSD card slot. Display on the ZenFone Zoom, you will find a 5.5-inch fullHD (1920x1080px) and sprts Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and it only supports a single SIM and that is Micro-SIM, nevertheless, can expect for a dual-SIM for India market.
Connectivity options includes 4G, capable to support all LTE bands, 3G HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and Micro-USB. The Zoom handset packs a 3000mAh battery and also adds sensors such as proximity, accelerometer, abmient-light, gryoscopic, and digital compass.
ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML [Brief]
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 / 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3590 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB /128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via micro SD
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Asus ZenUI
- 13MP rear camera with OIS, 3X optical zoom, f/2.7-4.8 aperture, Laser AF, Real Tone flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 78.84 x 5~11.95 mm; Weight 185g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging
The ZenFone Zoom will be available in Clacier White and Meteorite Black colors once its launched in India by Asus this month. Price not sure but expected to start at $399 (around Rs. 26510).