WHOA! BlackBerry has announced its latest hardware which was codenamed ‘Mercury’ as KEYone at its MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. With a premium 4.5-inch 3:2 display, the new Android Nougat smartphone is designed by BlackBerry – made by TCL Communication Technology (TCT). Here are the details.
Of course, the newly launched BlackBerry KEYone display has a 1620-by-1080 full HD resolution and has 4-row QWERTY physical backlit keyboard with keys that respond to touch gestures, compatible for flick typing, up to 52 customizable shortcuts. It’s keyboard has a built-in fingerprint sensor equipped into the spacebar. You will be able to take advantage of top notch security features with DTEK software and much more.
The smartphone runs Android 7.1 mobile operating system with security and productivity suite from BlackBerry. Build quality it has an anodized aluminum frame and a soft touch textured back. On the CPU part, the KEYone is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC, paired with 3GB of RAM and packs a 3505mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that promises to charge the handset up to 50% in just 36 minutes.
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI, scratch-resistant glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
BlackBerry KEYone Price & Release Date
First of all the new BlackBerry’s KEYone smartphone will be available in Black color only and is priced at $549 or 599 Euros or 499 GBP (approximately Rs. 36,590) depending on the market share. It will go on sale starting from April globally.