LG has made its latest G6 flagship smartphone official at MWC 2017 trade show in Barcelona. The handset LG G6 has a massive display, which took the Korean electronics much time talking about the various features of FullVision screens, ignoring other details that consumers might be very much interested in, such as availability and pricing info.
However, LG confirmed the release date and of course the price for LG G6 finally.
Cho Juno, the head of LG’s mobile division in an interview about the LG G6 handset, revealed launch details in the process, confirms 899,800 Korean Won (US$796.85 / Rs. 53,100 approximately) and said to be available to purchase in Korean market initially starting from March 10th.
Another good news is that the newly launched handset especially having a removable battery, which was one of the main reasons why the 5G struggled to look good. It also lets the G6 finally become water-resistant – a much delighted feature than a swappable battery in many’s opinion – and it has the same IP68 rating as the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Rumors apart now, the LG G6 reviews speak the facts of featuring a metal frame that is sandwiched between to Corning Gorilla Glass panels, which is build that we are all too familiar with at this point of form factor.
WHOA! The new LG G6 flagship will be the first non-Google Pixel phone to ship with Google Assistant and with new UX 6.0 sporting a 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display with a 18:9 (or 2:1) aspect ratio. Being called the Univisium, LG says cinemas, TV, and smartphones will all be moving towards this new 18:9 ratio. Several apps in Google Play as well as content creators such as Amazon are also working on bringing the same content compatible for 18:9 aspect ratio, which is somewhat used on the LG G6.
It has also be touted to be the “first smartphone with supports Dolby Vision.” It also support HDR10 technology, and the LG G6 is the device coming with Dolby Vision video support, and that has been confirmed, there are about 90 movies with Dolby Vision already available. Imangi Studios at the event announced Temple Run 2: Lost Jungle that it says has been optimised for the 18:9 aspect ratio, adding more to LG G6 users getting 650,000 in-game coins, needed to unlock all characters and powerups.
The LG G6 also comes equipped with a dual-rear camera setup, one with 13-megapixel dual sensors with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, manual mode, 125-degree lens for secondary shooter and a front-facing 5-megapixel with 100-degree wide-angle lens.
“We need to see the spending and device sales during the period. Sales will be better than those of the G5 or V20. We cannot reveal the sales target.” Cho said. Hoping that America, China and the main European markets are going to get the phone as fast as possible. Take a quick look at:
LG G6 Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
It comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White color and just hoping LG G6 India price and global iteration will come out soon.
(Source: The Investor)
You might also like to check out:
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium With 4K HDR Display, Snapdragon 835, Water Resistant Body Announced
- Moto G5 And G5 Plus Launched Officially: Specs, Features, Price And Release Date Detailed
- Nokia 3310 Is Back, This Upgraded Phone In 2017 Has Snake Game, Long-Lasting Battery And More
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 And Nokia 3 Android Nougat Phones With Different Specs, Price Launched At MWC 2017