Its the sixth model added to Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 range of slates. Now with the new tablet got the same 1.7GHz Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM memory as its bigger brothers, but bumps slightly on storage onboard. Compared to its i7 predecessors featured either 256GB or 512GB of internal storage, but this new one surfaced in Pro 3 core i7 tablet brings with it only a 128GB of space. Evidently, that downgrade also brings a reduction in price. Thouch the 128GB i7 Surface Pro 3 costs $1,299 – where you can purchase a Core i5 Surface Pro 3 with 256GB ROM edition at the same pricing.
Redmond-based software maker has in other words has released yet another SKU for the fortunate popular tablet series with a fully-fledged upgrade in the CPU, which in integrates the Core i7 refreshed processor and a bit affordable tablet launched for Windows 10 customers all the way cutting the price.
Although Surface Pro 3 is now been an older model, and with the new model, Microsoft could be offering a cheaper option before making any announcement of Surface Pro 4 that’s surely waiting in the wings. Just before September? If yes, then it means that Microsoft could simply be trying to capture potential Surface owners gearing up to go back to school. Said that the company is also introducing updated LTE Surface 3 models in Germany and the UK this week.
Rumors surface suggesting that the Surface Pro 4 delayed, due to the production of next generation Intel ships were postponed. However with Surface Pro 3, Microsoft brings with it faster processing equation on the top end variant. Specifications-wise its gonna be playing a big role in the Windows tablet series worldwide.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Hardware Key Specs
- Dimensions: 7.93 in x 11.5 in x 0.36 in
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Storage: 128 GB
- Display Screen: 12-inch ClearType Full HD Plus display, Resolution: 2160 x 1440, Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Pen features 256 levels of pressure sensitivity
- CPU : 4th Gen Core i7 processor
- 8 GB of RAM — dual-channel LPDDR3
- TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module — for BitLocker encryption)
- Wireless Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology
- Battery – Up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life
- Cameras and A/V 5MP and 1080p HD front- and rear-facing cameras
- Built-in front- and rear-facing microphones
- Stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio-enhanced sound
- Ports – Full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, Headset jack, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, Charging port
- Sensors – Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
- Power supply 36W power supply (including 5W USB for accessory charging)
Microsoft says the first Surface 3 (4G LTE) devices went on sale in Japan two weeks ago through Y!Mobile, will become available in the US in the coming weeks with 64GB and 128GB configurations, both with 4GB of RAM and both running Windows 8.1 Professional, with the ability to upgrade for free to Windows 10 when available.
Do you think Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Core i7 CPU and 128GB of storage is quite a good deal? Costs $1299!