Apple has made available to download iOS 10.3 beta 1 for developer testing on compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. As predicted, the Cupertino-based company has released the first iOS 10.3 beta to those individuals registered on the Apple Developer Program.
Just after the release of iOS 10.2.1. The first pre-release seed of iOS 10.3 comes hot on the heels, can now be downloaded and installed on compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch hardware for those with necessary account privileges.
The release notes and the iOS 10.3 beta 1 changelog has detailed, but the fact that Apple is becoming extremely prolific with the release of in-development version of its mobile software. Like this iOS 10.3 release, the seeds are simply very minor-point updates which are put in place to fix security loopholes or eradicate bugs, but not the latest, rather has put forward to the testing community to interact with and test out new features and functionality that look tp push the iOS platform forward.
As previously reported, iOS 10.3 contains all of the usual bug fixes and improvements that you would expect from an iOS developer seed. There is an inclusion of the new “Find My AirPods” feature as well. Besides that addition, there are naturally other new features that can be seen below.
iOS 10.3 Beta 1 Release Notes And Changes:
- Find My AirPods added to Find My iPhone app
- Siri learns cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari now supports Reduced Motion preference in web apps
- New prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS)
- Podcasts app now has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- No “Theater Mode” or Control Center toggle on iOS 10.3, but Apple documentation says watchOS update will include which may activate on iPhone
- CarPlay now has quick access to last three used apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
Like other pre-release seed installations, this latest beta of iOS is available to downloaded immediately for those members on Apple’s Developer Program, and who have a compatible iDevice. Those should have a beta configuration profile installed, then the firmware will be showing up as an over-the-air update via the Software Update (Settings > General > Software Update) mechanism in the Settings app. For those looking for a fresh install, and new to this, IPSW file of iOS 10.3 can also be directly downloaded from developer.apple.com portal for doing clean install via iTunes.
As soon as we get to the bottom of everything that Apple has brought to the table with iOS 10.3 beta 1, we are sure to inform you via update. Stay tuned.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 10, 10.3, 10.2.1, 10.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone 7, 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 10.2.1 Final Version IPSW Links For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 / 10.2 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]