OnePlus started rolling out new OxygenOS Open betas (Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 13 for OnePlus 3) to both OP3 and 3T. Instructions assume you are already on OxygenOS and using the original OnePlus 3 Oxygen Recovery. You can now download the software build for your respected devices at the end of this article.
OnePlus 3/3T OxygenOS Open Beta 4
For both the OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones, the latest OxygenOS open beta 4 brings several inclusions such as new launcher with added support for shortcuts on Android 7.1.1, Redesigned app drawer & UI for launcher settings, Notification Denoising, Gaming Do Not Disturb (GDND) mode, Secure Box for file encryption, Automatic Night Mode, Quick Pay option for India and much more, alongside some minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Here is the complete changelog to look at now:
- Redesigned UI for launcher settings – We’ve simplified the Settings options and added another gesture to get to them quickly, a pinch motion from the homepage of your launcher.
- Notification denoising – This is to allow priority levels to be assigned to peek notifications and will let you grant only the most important apps and their notifications the ability to interrupt you. This feature can be found under Settings>Device>Notifications
- Gaming Do Not Disturb mode – This allows you to lock the capacitive and home buttons while gaming or in other apps where it’s easy to hit those buttons unintentionally. This feature can be found in Settings>Advanced>Gaming Mode
- Automatic Night mode – You are now able to set Night Mode to activate and deactivate at a certain time or according to a specific cycle of day and night. This can be found under settings>Display>Night Mode
- Secure Box – This is for all files (including pictures and video) that should not be easily accessible to other people. It can be set up with its own pin, and once items are moved (by long pressing and selecting “set as secure” in the settings option) they can only be viewed in the secure box portion of the file manager. This can be found under Apps>File Manager>Secure Box
- Quick Pay (India primarily) – This will allow users to set up a QR-based quick pay feature that can be quickly accessed while the screen is either on or off with a long press of the home button. This will only activate right now if one of the following apps is installed: Paytm, Wechat, or Alipay. This can be found in Settings>Security & Fingerprint>Quick Pay
Those owners of the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T flashed their devices with a previous Open Beta build, will receive the new over-the-air update. If it didn’t, you will need to flash this manually by downloading it from this link here: downloads.oneplus.net.
How to Flash
Step 1: Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for your device right from here. Make sure you have all necessary adb files installed on your computer.
Step 2: Reboot your device into recovery mode. To do this, first shut down your phone and turn it back on while holding the power and volume buttons simultaneously.
Step 3: Choose ‘Install from USB’ option in the Recovery screen. Tap OK to confirm. Now you will find a screen with “You are in sideload mode”.
Step 4: Connect your device to Windows PC or macOS, and run the following command in command prompt / terminal:
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>”
After few minutes you phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
You might also like to check out:
- Download And Install Android O Launcher APK On Any Device, Here’s How
- How To Install BarMagnet Torrent App On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak [Guide]
- These Third-Party Apps Gets Support For Bixby At Launch