Gionee President William Lu after launching Gionee Elife S7 in India, has also reveals its plans of Elife E8 launch in the country this year. It’s the camera-centric smartphone as a successor to the newly available Elife E7 launched in 2013.
Release time frame hasn’t mentioned though, but according to the reports on Times of India – suggests that the Gionee Elife E8 could debut in June 2015. Rumored specs on the E8 goes with a HD (1280x720px) IPS display with 258ppi pixel density, and it will be powered by a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon chipset, paired with 3GB of RAM.
Department belongs to photography capabilities on the USP, the smartphone is expected to boast a 16MP camera on its back with LED flash, housing an 8MP selfie-focused snapper on its front. Essentially, it is expected to add a 16GB of internal storage, expandable microSD card support for extra space and could be an Android 4.4 KitKat powered smartphone.
If compared it to the Elife E7 which features a 5.5-inch 1080p display, 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB/3GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing snapper. The Elife E8 will be a refreshed version of its series.
Gionee Elife E7 Specifications
- Thickness: 6.2mm on the sides to 9.5mm in the middle
- 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top and 2.33mm side bezels
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor (although the first units will launch with a 2.2GHz version of the same chip)
- “Sensor Hub” co-processor to respond to voice command, screen taps and screen gestures while the phone is in standby
- 2GB of RAM (some units will have 3GB)
- 16GB/32GB of storage
- no microSD storage
- 16-megapixel camera with Largan M8 lens, 1/2.3-inch, 1.34 µm pixels sensor
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with 1.4 µm pixels sensor
- NFC, Wi-Fi Display, barometer sensor, Bluetooth 4.0
- LTE support (not all models)
- three-microphone system
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean-based Amigo ROM with lots of software features
Finally, the Chinese company additionally speaks about its plans regarding to bring new smartphones in its M series, that are backed up by bigger battery units and faster charging capabilities. However, Gionee has also decided to look at online retail in the near future as part of its strategy, and will not let the online retailers set predatory pricing for its phones.
-> Buy Gionee Elife S7 from here