It’s official now, the HTC Desire 826 smartphone is now available in India, as expected. It was announced at the CES this year in january and went on sale in China last month and today HTC has launched it in India.
Priced at Rs 25,990, the new smartphone from HTC Desire packs an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor (four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop powered smartphone comes with HTC Sense UI out of the box and fluants a dual front-facing BoomSound speakers with Dobly Audio integration for spersonic 3dD surround sound.
Display on the device goes with a 5.5-inch FullHD IPS screen and the dual-SIM phone supports 4G connectivity of India LTE bands. Commenting on the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, President, South Asia, HTC said;
Our consumer today represents an individuality that has quite a resolute fabric, each one being a strong and special personality in their own stride. We at HTC understand our consumer and design products to sit their being. The HTC desire 826 is yet another effort of ours to combine superior quality features in a stunning smartphone at a smart price.
HTC Desire 826 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- Dual nano SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f.2.2 aperture, wide angle lens
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 826 can be grabbed in White Birch, Blue Lagoon and Purple Fire colors. Costs Rs. 25,990 (MOP) in India.