At a Double Exposure event HTC has announced Desire EYE in India back in October and was expected to be go on sale in the country exclusively on Amazon, but up until now it hasn’t been available for purchase in the subcontinent.
Two months after since its unveiling over there, apparently, the Desire Eye is finally advertised as being in stock by at least pne mobile phone retailer in Mumbai. Manish Khatri from Mumbai Telecom said that the already announced HTC Desire EYE would be available to buy from select offline retail stores in India starting today.
Note: We are talking about the HTC Desire EYE availability through an actual physical store, and we have yet to see the Desire Eye be in stock at online-based sellers, which it still not available on Amazon is expected to go on sale pretty soon.
The Desire EYE is priced at INR 35,990, which translates to about $567 or €464, so its not a cheaper gadget but it nevertheless comes with impressive specs. Got a 13-megapixel front camera with dual LED flash even on the front, which the Desire EYE even comes with a dual-tone dual-LED flash. With dedicated two-step camera key for focus, and capture for comfortable one-handed captures, new HTC EYE Experience and Zoe 1.0.
The HTC Desire EYE also boasts dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers and has water-resitant unibody design. The rear cam has the same resolution, while the phone’s screen is a 5.2-inch 1080p panel.
Its powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz quad-core CPU paired with 2GB of RAM and 16GB ROM with expandable microSD card support. The handset runs on Android 4.4 KitKat and packs a 2400mAh non-removable battery on board.
HTC Desire EYE Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0, 28mm lens, 1080p HD recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0, 22mm wide-angle lens
- HTC EYE Experience with Face Tracking, Screen Share, Split Capture, Face Fusion, Live Makeup, Auto Selfie, Voice Selfie, Photo Booth, Crop Me In
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC BoomSound
- Water resistant (IPX7)
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 154 grams
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- 2400 mAh battery
The HTC Desire EYE comes in Matt White and Submarine Blue colors. Interested ones can make a purchase of the high-end smartphone offline at a cost for Rs. 35,990, respectively.