HTC has strated rolling out the latest version 5.0.2 of Android Lollipop update for its selfie-centric smartphone – Desire EYE. Taiwan users of the handset can now download and install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA update, which the HTC has began seeding it as first in the home country. More details on the Lollipop update for HTC Desire EYE can be found here.
The new Lollipop system update comes with the version 2.19.709.1 build and weighs at 1008.9MB (almost 1GB), which is heavy. But the update brings with it new features of the Lollipop version, but it doesn’t bump the Sense UI to Sense 7 version, instead, the update has Sense v6.55 on board.
According to a ROM developer, called LlabTooFar estimated that the Sense 7.0 UI will arrive with Android 5.1 update and be made available for several existing models in the future.
HTC Desire EYE (Taiwan) receives Android 5.0.2. ROM version is 2.19.709.1 (1008.9MB).
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) April 10, 2015
HTC Desire EYE Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0, 28mm lens, 1080p HD recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0, 22mm wide-angle lens
- HTC EYE Experience with Face Tracking, Screen Share, Split Capture, Face Fusion, Live Makeup, Auto Selfie, Voice Selfie, Photo Booth, Crop Me In
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC BoomSound
- Water resistant (IPX7)
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 154 grams
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- 2400 mAh battery
If you are an HTC Desire EYE owner and living in Taiwan, update your device to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and check your camera section for an optimized upgrade, and if found anything genuine, share your thoughts with us using channels below.