April 1st has arrived with some fool jokes and some pranks unveil but no new legitimecy announcements. Nevertheless, HTC revamped its 2014 flagship with a new refreshed camera and chipset and announced it as the HTC One M8s. More details on the latest handset can be had after this jump.
The One M8s features an upgraded version of specs when compared to the last year’s One M8. For One M8s, the company has ditched the 4MP Ultrapixel camera-esque for a regular 13MP sensor withwith 28mm lens and f/2.0 aperture. The video recording should be capped at 1080p@30fp, along with the 5-megapixel selfie-centric snapper.
Under the hood, the chipset is now a Snapdragon 615. Anb octa-core processor with Cortex-A53 cores, and with the company replacing the 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor on M8, now the new HTC One M8s is powered by a 1.7GHz s615 SoC. Brings with it The 2GB of RAM and Adreno 405 graphics. Software front, the smartphone runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out-of-the-box. It also has Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers and HTC BoomSound technology.
The rest of the phone is pretty much the same, essentially the HTC One (M8 Eye) with a different chipset. You will get a 5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display, and 16GB of internal storage. And the battery is slightly bigger at 2,840mAh, matching the One M9.
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Secondary rear camera to capture depth information
- 5MP front-facing camera,f/2.8, 33.7mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.55mm; Weight: 160 grams
- 3.5 mm headset jack, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC BoomSound
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and GPS
- 2840mAh battery
The HTC One M8s launched only in Europe for now, and the smartphone will be going on sale later this month. Priced in UK at £380 ( US$ 564 / Rs. 35,045 approx). Available in silver, gold and gunmetal grey colors. No word on when it will be live in other market.
Do you think this new iteration of the HTC One M8s will impact One M9 sales? Because the price differenciates all the downside is the slower chip. Share your thoughts below.