As expected the Huawei Honor 6 Plus has been officially launched in China. The handset also known as Huawei Glory 6 Plus, that leaked a few times already and its key feature highlighted was a dual 8-megapixel rear camera setup, similar to what the HTC One (M8) Duo setup.
Huawei Honor 6 Plus packs a 5.5-inch Full HD screen with 72% screen-to-body ratio and 2.8mm slim bezels on the sides. Powered by an Octa-Core with (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with i3 low-power sensor paired with with Mali T628-MP4 GPU and runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Huawei’s own Emotion UI 3.0 on top.
Notably, The Kirin 925 chip on the Honor 6 Plus also offers 4G LTE Cat.6 connectivity at 300Mbps downlink and 32GB expandable storage. The main highlight is its dual 8-megapixel cameras on the back with dual LED flashes for effective pixel size to 1.98 microns resulting in sharper images and an customizable aperture that can beset between f/0.95 and f/16. The clever setup and its additional SLR-grade ISP technology and software algorithms allow you to take 13MP shots, captures twice the light a single sensor will do. Promising ultra-fast auto focus speed of 0.1 seconds as well.
The Huawei Honor 6 Plus got an 8MP front-facing camera and it comes with Cat.6 LTE support that is capable of NFC functionality for payments, comes with dual SIM card and in which one doubles up as a microSD card slot. Interestingly, the Honor 6 Plus comes with 100GB of lifetime Huawei cloud storage. Available models for China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom are different.
Finally, Huawei Honor 6 Plus is backed up by a big 3,600mAh battery and offered in two flavors in China – a dual-SIM model with 4G connectivity possible only one on one SIM and another dual-SIM version where both slots support 4G LTE.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) in-cell LTPS display with 10-finger multi-touch
- Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with Mali T628-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB/ 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Emotion UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Dual 8MP camera rear cameras with, F2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, F2.4 aperture, Sony BSI sensor, 5P lens
- Dimensions: 150.46 x 75.68 x 7.5; Weight: 165g
- IR LED for remote control
- 4G LTE Cat6 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS
- 3600mAh battery
The Huawei Honor 6 Plus goes on sale in Black, White and Gold colors. Priced at 1999 Yuan ( US$ 325 / Rs. 20,650 approx.) for the 16GB 3G variant and the 32GB 4G LTE variant with NFC costs 2499 yuan ( US$ 400 / Rs. 25,830 approx). Pre-order campaign in China kicks off on December 17 and purchase can be made on December 21. There is no word on the worldwide availability just yet.