Huawei subsidiary Honor has launched a new flagship smartphone in China, Honor 8 and today brought its affordable line to the US. Here’s everything you need to know about the Huawei Honor 8, including its review and analysis, specifications, pricing details and of curse, the release date.
Honor 8, is the first Honor flagship phone entered into the United States market and no way it never ever disappoint you anymore. While the company’s latest affordable phone focuses on design and optics, particularly on the photography part and its CPU etc.
The Honor 8 is a smartphone designed with millennial in mind, and will be available for pre-order starting on August 17th via official Honor website, Best Buy, Amazon and other e-tailers for $400. For that price you will get a 5.2-inch FulHD (1080p+481ppi) display, which is powered by Huawei’s in-house Kirin 950 processor, that’s the same you will find inside the Huawei Mate 8. It’s been paired with a 4GB of RAM, ample for multitasking and the casual or mid-range gaming to play on your phone. You will be getting either a variant with 32GB internal storage or 64GB, but the price will vary anyhow. There’s still be an expandable microSD card support up to 128GB.
The new Honor 8 smartphone gives you the chance to capture photos using the integrated dual-lens 12MP rear-facing camera setup. One sensor will capture in RGB and the other in monochrome, and will give images vivid, crisp color, whereas the monochrome sensor produces sharper detail in images.
On the connectivity front, you will be honoured with a nice 3000mAh battery with fast charging technology, speedy Cat.6 4G LTE network, and all the software part runs on Android Marshmallow UI skin on top of the box. A USB Type-C charging port and by means the Kirin 950 SoC is equivalent to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820.
Full details in brief:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) 16nm processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.4um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm;Weight: 153g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Honor 8 comes in black, white and blue colors and the price starts at USD$399 for the 32GB model, and USD$499 for the 64GB model. Pre-orders are now open and accepted from 17th of August till September 3rd. No shipping date announced yet.
You may also like to check out:
- How Best Is Honor 8 Smartphone With Dual 12MP Rear Camera Vs Huawei P9, Other Hardware
- Honor Note 8 With 6.6-Inch QHD Display, 4GB RAM, Massive 4500mAh Battery Announced
- Cool1 Dual With Two 13MP Cameras, Snapdragon 652, 4060mAh Battery Announced