As being a better jailbreaker looking forward on which a new jailbreak is announced. With CoolStar confirming today that he has been able to successfully jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 after he posted images to Twitter showing an iPad with Cydia and Anemone installed.
The jailbreak is described as “rather buggy,” but is undoubtedly better than nothing!
CoolStar and his team have been working on a complete jailbreak based on Ian Beer’s tfp0 exploit which was recently released and comes after his confirmation yesterday that the Electra jailbreak was working on iOS 11.2 through iOS 11.2.6.
Electra can now fully jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.2.6. Then main issue right now is with the rootfs remount, once fixed Electra will work up to iOS 11.3.1.
Obviously, this new iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak never ever require users to have a registered Apple Developer account now, something that was previously thought to be a requirement. Developer IDs cost $99 to set up and is only needed when you are downloading or installing a beta version of iOS and putting the firmware into testing purposes. This is quite a sum of money to hand over to jailbreak a device, is ridiculous.
$99 developer account will not be required for jailbreaking iOS 11.3.1 after all.
But the fact here is that it’s still very early days for this jailbreak and it is not yet available for users to who want to be able to install iOS 11.3.1 on their devices and crack them wide open. Nevertheless, this is at least an early step on the road towards that being a possibility.
We will definitely keep an eye and ears to the ground for further developments on this front, and with iOS 12 around the corner, it’s fair to expect that to start appearing in headlines with the word “jailbreak” here and there, too.
- PUBG Mobile 0.6.0 Beta APK and iOS App Download For English Global Version Released
- 101+ iOS 12 Hidden Features Discovered For iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]