Samsung is steadily planning to unveil Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus smartphones at a separate event on March 28. Now, a leaked image surfaced that went live on Samsung India’s support page suggesting that the larger screen-size Galaxy S8+ is also be there for introduction thanks to @evleaks for the logo of the SM-G955FD name confirming of the smartphone. Here’s everything you need to know from the scratch.
The support page which gone live on Samsung India shows up the model number SM-G955FD, whereas ‘D’ is allegedly points at its Dual-SIM support. Samsung Galaxy S8 is perhaps the most anticipated Android phone of 2017, built with advanced technology to compete with the likes of Apple’s iPhone 7 range, and of course, its own kind of most popular Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
One of the many reasons is that the leaked Galaxy S8+ SM-G955FD is expected to be released with curved displays for both the standard and larger versions. Today, newly leaked loho seems to confirm that the larger model of the Galaxy S8 will be officially called the S8+.
As always, the logo for the phone was actually posted by noted gadget leaker Evan Blass (aka @evleaks) on his Twitter feed:
Suggesting that Samsung will not be releasing a version of the Galaxy S8 with an “Edge” branding now, but it would strobgly suggest that the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ with both have curved displays. Currently, it’s not that clear whether the S8 series will come with hybrid dual SIM slot like the last year’s S7 series packed with a dedicated slot and the recently introduced Galaxy C9 Pro. Also Read: Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 To Use AI Assist Across All Its Native Apps
- 6.2-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Octa Samsung Exynos 8895 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory via dedicated microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
If not both the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones will be announced on March 29 at an event Samsung mentioned in New York. Price-tag for the Samsung Galaxy S8 with 5.8-inch model is given a retail for €799 (almost US$ 850 / Rs. 56830) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (roughly US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947). Both the phones are expected to go on sale starting April 21.
By the way Samsung is also said to be reportedly aiming to ship 60 million units of Galaxy S8 this year, 2017. Best of luck!