Just after yesterday’s launch of Asus ZenFone 2 in India, Lenovo took the stage today and announced K80 smartphone rival to the Taiwanese handset in the country. With similar specs and price points, Lenovo versus Asus ZenFone 2 comes face to face in the smartphone market. More details on the Lenovo K80 vs ZenFone 2 key features can be checked below.
Lenovo in India expanding its A series range of devices, from A6000, followed by the launch of A7000 and later A600o Plus and today with the unveil of Lenovo K80, it seems that the Chinese company is looking to grab all the market share either in budget and high-end pricing in India.
This oft-mentioned one is the latest from the company’s K series smartphone however unveiled in China, and not for India. It is powered with the same 4 gigs of memory which Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML integrated with, and the first to introduce such RAM space would be the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, and today for the first time Lenovo introduced K80 in two different variants, one with 64GB of built-in storage and 4GB of RAM and the other is a 32GB Lenovo K80 with 2GB of RAM.
The Lenovo K80 is powered by a 1.98GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom processor and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box. It features a 5.5-inch Full HD display, 13MP primary camera with LED flash and optical image stabilization (OIS), and a 5-megapixel front-facing cam sensor.
Connectivity options on the Lenovo K80 supports 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC. It is thinner than the Zenfone 2 with 8.5mm thickness and come in Black, White, Silver and Red color variants.
Comparison: Asus ZenFone 2 vs Lenovo K80 Specifications & Price
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 / 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB / 4GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens, Real Tone flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.9mm; weight 170g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- 5.5-inch ( 1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- 1.8GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom processor
- 2GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, OIS, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 8.47mm thick and weighs: 158g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh built-in battery with up to 33h talk time
The 64GB Lenovo K80 with 4GB of RAM is priced at 1799 Chinese Yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 18,440 approx) and 2GB RAM with 32GB storage model costs 1499 Chinese Yuan (US$ 242/ Rs. 15,369 approx) and goes on sale through T-mall starting April 30th. No details about the global iteration of the smartphone yet, including India yet.