The LG G6 is officially announced as the 2017’s flagship smartphone at its Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona. Here’s everything you need to know, including the full G6 specs, release date, features and price info.
As promised, the South Korean firm has introduced a 5.7-inch FullVision sporting 2560-by-1440 pixels QHD+ LCD display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The G6 smartphone is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 Qualcomm’s SoC and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
The highlight that the newly launched LG G6 device altered with the Google Assistant and much more, to become the first of its kind of OEM to bring the feature into its hardware apart from Pixel and Nexus devices. Otherwise it has a 13-megapixel dual rear camera setup with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0 support, manual mode, 125-degree lens fr secondary camera module and a front-facing 5-megapixel selfie shooter with 100-degree wide angle lens.
In fact, the announced G6 handset is also gets IP68 rating for water and dust resistance which makes it safe to be dipped in up to 1.5 meters of aqua for as long as 30 minutes. Recommended not to test it otherwise.
Another best features that the new LG G6 gadget gets is the inclusion of Dolby Vision technology. This supports HDR 10, and both of these are standards for High Dynamic Range, the picture quality tech that allows for a wider range of color and luminosity. While the two increments are in the darkest and the brightest areas more vivid, revealing greater detail for a truly impressive viewing experience via VR.
Specifications In Brief
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
LG G6 is the newly unveiled smartphone this year which comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White color flavors. No other details regarding its budget or availability has been included right yet the moment.
You might also like to check out: