The Redmond-based software maker speaks about its latest and greatest Windows desktop operating system, suggesting that its Windows 10 OS is al over running on more than 200 million devices worldwide. The company actually released Windows 10 on July 29, 2015.
Microsoft made its version 10 OS free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, but unfortunately people aren’t rushing to upgrade quickly. Claims that its the fastest adoption rate of any of its operating system made so far.
According to Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President of Marketing for Windows and Deviuces, Yusus Mehdi, the Windows 10 was made available for free. Download eligible for those personal computer and mobile device users but it required a legitimate product key before upgrade. Actually it replaced Windows 8 and the CEO Stya Nadella said 110 million devices were running on Windows 10, which means it has doubled the number of active phones and PCs compared to before holiday season.
Check out the Windows 10 Insights:
- Windows 10 adoption is accelerating, with more than 40% of new Windows 10 devices becoming active since Black Friday.
- Windows 10 continues to be on the fastest growth trajectory of any version of Windows – ever – outpacing Windows 7 by nearly 140% and Windows 8 by nearly 400%.
- Since Black Friday, US retail PC share for Windows 10 grew 16 points to 62% compared to the prior four weeks. Windows 10 mix of PCs rose to 87% from 58% prior to the holiday.
- As of today, more than 76% of our enterprise customers are in active pilots of Windows 10. Over 22 million devices are running Windows 10 across enterprise and education customers.
- Highest engagement on Windows ever, with over 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December.
- Over 44.5 billion minutes spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in just the last month.
- Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
- Around 30% more Bing search queries per Windows 10 device vs. prior versions of Windows.
- Over 82 billion photos viewed within the Windows 10 Photo app.
- Gaming continues to grow on Windows 10 – in 2015, gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games on Windows 10.
- Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs.
After releasing Windows 10, Microsoft has also rolled out updates for the operating system, several times. You can download Windows 10 for free for those existing users on Win 7/8.1. It was available in different Windows 10 editions; Home, Pro, Enterprise and Education.
The retail box price for the Windows 10 Home costs you Rs. 7,999 / $119 and for Windows 10 Pro, it is priced at $199 or INR 14,999. The two versions of Windows 10 OS was made available through Microsoft Online Store and Retail stores. Or you can: Download Windows 10 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft.
You may also like to check this: