Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has its own style in announcing new products, as this one, which with metal body certfied by TENAA last month has now been expected to be released this month of January 2016. The successor to the Redmi 2 is what the upcoming smartphone alongside the flagship Mi5 this year, long rumored since 2015. Now that, it has been confirmed in the form of a new teaser posted on its official Weibo account.
The teaser also revealed that the Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone features a 5-inch display and unique plaid design on the back will be launching on Tuesday, January 12. Regarding the complete specifications, there’s still scarce and no official word given as yet.
The device already passed through China’s regulatory website, TENAA. Listing although revealed that it is powered by an Octa-Core CPU clocked at 1.5GHz and the display shown up of a TFT display with a 1280 x 720 pixels HD resolution. Camera configurations as 13MP rear and 5MP front-facing and memory of 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The whole device runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based on MIUI 7 skin on top.
Rumored features also includes:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- MIUI based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 8MP or 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The smartphone is also expected to be available in Dark Grey, Champagne Gold and Silver colors. The news that surfaced just after when Xiaomi confirmed that the Mi5 with SD820 will be unveiled in February. After Chinese New Year falls under February 8th.
You may also like to check out: