Rumors and speculations reportedly spelled the beans on the upcoming Galaxy Note 7 phablet and its Iris scanner key feature. Now and more to come, a new video surfaced on the web through China station offers a quick look at how the iris scanning technology works on the Samsung’s 5.7-inch Galaxy Note7.
We have already been in tough with some of the screenshots that offered a glimpse of the Iris scanning tech, and he leaked video shown off the best way you can easily unlock the phone using iris scanner. It took only seconds for that user in the video who simply looks at the iris scanner on at the top of the display, and it unlocks the phone in no time like a flip.
When compared it with a fingerprint scanner, an iris scanner detects 266 traits of the eye while a fingerprint recognizes 40 traits only. In order to register your pupils you will have to position your device 25-35 centimeters away from the phone facing it.
The leaked shots on Weibo also suggests that wearing glasses or contact lenses while using iris scanner may not unlock the phone, rather, users need to take then down to unlock the device. Like that, it is also suggested the iris scanner should not be used in sunlight as well.
There are many uses of iris scanner and even fingerprint sensor technology, which otherwise depends on its cons and pros. Details regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 are rumored, includes:
Features and Specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Octa-Core Exynos 8 processor
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable microSD support
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
It is expected to go live officially next month. Set to be announced at its Galaxy Unpacked launch event on August 2nd in New York starting at 11:00 AM EDT (8:30 PM IST). There are simultaneous events scheduled in Rio de Janeiro and London.
Watch the video of Galaxy Note 7 iris scanner in new action:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 unveil will be streamed live on Samsung.com.
You may also like to check out:
- Press Images Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Leaked, Shows Off Curved-Edge Screen, Iris Scanner And 3 Color Options
- Samsung Galaxy Note7 To Come With 3600mAh Battery Package, Unveil On August 2