Just after the reports surfaced about Samsung launching the Galaxy Note Edge in India next month, the South Korean giant’s curved Note Edge debuts in Indian market, but will go on sale in the first week of January 2015. At IFA 2014 this year, both the Samsung’s new phablet devices, the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge were kicked off and with the latter said to be a limited edition and will be made available in Japan, South Korea, and the US, but it changed its mind and recently launched Galaxy Note Edge in the United Kingdom and followed by India today, it might launch in other countries pretty soon.
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge packs a 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display with a curve on its right side of the panel that utilizing 160 pixels, which can be used to show notifications, weather information, stock tickers, clock, news feeds, quick shortcuts and more. Powered by a 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and Android 4.4 with TouchWiz UI and comes in Charcoal Black and Frost White colors.
Commenting on the launch, Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India, said:
Samsung continues with its legacy of pioneering extraordinary innovations and setting new benchmarks in the mobile industry. The Galaxy Note Edge is a stunningly beautiful device equipped with a unique curved screen which not only makes the smartphone distinctive but also delivers a unique way to access information and optimizes functionality.
At Samsung, we relentlessly pursue customer-centric innovation and develop devices that enable consumers to express their unique style. The Galaxy Note Edge’s curved design will make the screen more meaningful to users in their everyday lives.
- 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe, Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000mAh Battery
The Samsung GALAXY Note Edge in India goes on sale next month, January 2015 and likely to be the MOP and the MRP to be Rs. 68500, but it will be available to purchase at Rs. 64,900, respectively through selected retailers online or offline.