As of now we have already seen a big list of leaked Galaxy S8 Active (SM-G892A) specifications, and today we are looking at another press render of Samsung’s rugged smartphone which is shared by @evleaks, that too in a much better look at the upcoming device.
When going into detailing how best Samsung Galaxy S8 Active this year is, the device looks to feature a new 18.5:9 aspect ratio displays, complete with rounded corners. What’s notably absent, however, are the curved edges on the left and right sides of the screen. This make the device’s front panel almost look like an LG G6.
Photos of the alleged Galaxy S8 Active leaked only a few days ago, so we already have a good idea on what it will look like. Now that, more images have surfaced online, potentially revealing the key specs of the device. What appears this time is said to be leaked Samsung slides on Chinese social media website Weibo, look legitimate.
The S8 Active would sport a 5.8-inch shatter resistant display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio glaring with 2560 x 1440 pixels of screen resolution (QHD), and there won’t be curved on the sides like the one on the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
The images also suggest that the unit leaked would be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 chipset and come with 4GB of RAM. Other innards include a 12MP primary camera, and up front an 8MP selfie snapper, 64GB of internal storage, Android Nougat out-of-the-box. Fortunately, the Galaxy S8 Active shows up the same awkwardly positioned fingerprint scanner as found on the back of the S8 (it’s off-center, next to the camera) on back.
Differences are minimal, as there’s a few between the Galaxy S8 Active and the standard version of the device. The newly leaked reveals that the Active model will have a bigger battery of 4000mAh capacity, a full 1,000 mAh larger than the powerbank in the Galaxy S8. In addition to that, the device is said to be slightly larger and heavier: coming in at 152.14 x 74.9 x 9.9 mm and weighing 207 grams, compared to 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm and 155 grams.
The Galaxy S8 Active is a truely anticipated hardware, to be far more rugged variant of Samsung’s regular flagship as well. The device should be able to take a beating thanks to the MIL-STD 810G standard protection and polymer bumpers on all four corners. With an IP68 rating, the Galaxy S8 Active could survive under 1.5 meters of water for a period of 30 minutes, that’s why its called the rugged device. The Active Key is replaced by Bixby button.
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) + MIL-STD-810G
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Color options you will get to choose once the Galaxy S8 Active launch? Arriving in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold. No word on when exactly the device will be released, but according to the leaks and rumors, it’s around the corner. Also expected to be another AT&T exclusive in the U.S.
Also like to check out: